Turkey visa from Mexico
If you are a Mexican citizen planning to visit Turkey, you may be wondering about the visa requirements. Turkey offers an electronic visa (e-Visa) system that allows citizens of certain countries to apply for their visas online, including citizens of Mexico. The e-Visa is a convenient and efficient way to obtain permission to enter Turkey for tourism or business purposes. In this guide, we will provide you with important information on how to obtain a Turkey e-Visa from Mexico.
Do Mexican citizens need a visa for Turkey?
Yes, Mexican citizens need a visa to enter Turkey. Fortunately, Mexico is one of the eligible countries for the Turkish e-Visa program. This means that instead of applying for a traditional visa through an embassy or consulate, Mexican citizens can apply for an e-Visa online.
Turkey e-Visa Requirements for Mexico citizens
Before applying for a Turkish e-Visa, it's important to ensure that you meet the requirements. Here are the main requirements for Turkey e-Visa for Mexico citizens:
- A valid Mexican passport: Your passport should have a validity of at least six months beyond your intended departure date from Turkey.
- Email address: Applicants must provide a current and valid email address during the application process. The approved Turkey e-Visa will be sent to this email address. It is crucial to provide an email address that you have access to as you will need the e-Visa document for entry into Turkey.
- Credit or debit card: Applicants are required to have a valid credit or debit card to pay the e-Visa fee. The fee amount may vary depending on your nationality. Accepted payment methods will be specified during the application process.
How long should my passport be valid for the e-Visa application?
Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your intended departure date from Turkey. It is crucial to ensure that your passport meets this requirement before applying for the e-Visa.
First Time Applying For Turkey Visa From Mexico?
To apply for a Turkish eVisa as a first-time applicant from Mexico, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the Turkish e-Visa website.
- Select your country as Mexico and choose the travel document type as "Ordinary Passport."
- Fill out the required personal information, including your name, date of birth, passport details, and contact information in the Turkey eVisa application form.
- Provide your travel details, including your intended date of entry, duration of stay, and purpose of visit.
- Verify the accuracy of the information provided and make the necessary payment for the e-Visa fee.
- Review your application and submit it.
- After submission, you will receive a confirmation email with your e-Visa attached as a PDF document.
Turkey e-Visa Application Form for Mexico Passport Holders
The Turkish e-Visa application form requires you to provide personal details such as:
- Full name (as it appears on your passport)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Nationality (Mexico)
- Passport number
- Passport issue and expiry dates
- Contact information (address, email, phone number)
- Travel details (intended date of entry)
Ensure that all the information you provide is accurate and matches the details on your passport.
Is the application process online or through an embassy/consulate?
The application process for a Turkish e-Visa is entirely online. Mexican citizens can apply for the e-Visa from the comfort of their homes or any location with an internet connection. There is no need to visit an embassy or consulate in person.
Are there any fees associated with the e-Visa application?
Yes, there are fees associated with the Turkish e-Visa application. The fee may vary depending on your nationality. It is advisable to check the Turkish e-Visa fee page for the current fee applicable to Mexican citizens. The payment can be made using a credit or debit card.
How long does it take to process a Turkish e-Visa from Mexico?
The processing time for a Turkish e-Visa from Mexico can vary depending on the chosen processing option. The available processing options for the e-Visa application are Normal, Rush, and Super Rush. Here's a breakdown of the estimated processing times for each option:
- Normal processing: The normal processing option generally takes around 1 business days. This means that you can expect to receive your approved e-Visa within this timeframe after submitting your application.
- Rush processing: The rush processing option expedites the processing time compared to the normal option. It typically takes around 6 to 12 hours. Choosing the rush processing option is recommended if you require the e-Visa sooner than the normal processing time.
- Super Rush processing: The super rush processing option is the fastest available option for obtaining a Turkish e-Visa. It prioritizes your application and aims to process it within a few hours. The exact timeframe may vary, but it is typically within 1 to 4 hours.
Is there an expedited processing option available?
Yes, the rush and super rush processing options mentioned earlier can be considered as expedited processing options for the Turkish e-Visa. These options are designed to expedite the processing time and provide faster approval for applicants who require their e-Visa more urgently.
The rush processing option reduces the processing time compared to the normal option, typically taking around 12 to 24 hours. This can be helpful if you need your e-Visa sooner than the standard processing time.
The super rush processing option is the fastest available option and prioritizes your application for quicker processing. It aims to process the e-Visa within a few hours, usually within 1 to 4 hours.These expedited processing options may be subject to additional fees.
Can I track the status of my e-Visa application?
To track the status of your e-Visa application, you will typically need to provide the following information:
- Application number or reference number: This is usually provided to you upon completing your application. It serves as a unique identifier for your application.
- Passport number: You will need to enter the passport number used in your application.
By entering these details in the designated fields on the website, you can check the status of your e-Visa application. It's important to ensure that you have the correct and accurate information to retrieve the status successfully.
Maximum Stay Duration with a Turkish e-Visa
With a Turkish e-Visa, you can stay in Turkey for a maximum of 30 days within a 180-day period. It is important to note that exceeding the allowed stay duration may lead to penalties, deportation, or difficulties in future travel to Turkey.
Can I visit other countries using the Turkish e-Visa?
The Turkish e-Visa allows you to enter Turkey for tourism or business purposes. It does not grant you the right to visit other countries. If you plan to visit other countries during your trip, you should check their specific visa requirements and obtain the necessary visas or permits in advance.
Can I extend my stay in Turkey beyond the e-Visa validity period?
The Turkish e-Visa is valid for tourism or business purposes for a maximum stay of 30 days within a 180-day period. If you wish to extend your stay beyond the e-Visa validity period, you should contact the local immigration authorities in Turkey for further information on visa extension procedures.
What should I do if my e-Visa application is rejected?
If your e-Visa application is rejected, it is important to review the reasons for the rejection mentioned in the notification email. In some cases, there may have been an error or omission in the application. If you believe the rejection is unjustified, you can contact the Turkish e-Visa support for guidance or consider applying for a traditional visa through the nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
Turkey Balance of Trade
In June 2023, Turkey witnessed a significant improvement in its trade deficit, which narrowed by 34.5% year-on-year to USD 5.4 billion. This positive development was mainly attributed to a 16.8% decline in imports, amounting to USD 26.3 billion, driven by reduced purchases of intermediate goods. On the other hand, exports declined by 10.5% to USD 21 billion, partially influenced by the religious Eid holiday, during which deliveries were halted. Despite these challenges, the Trade Ministry remains optimistic, expecting a future balance improvement and announcing plans for additional measures.