Transit Visa for Turkey
If you plan on leaving the airport, you'll require a transit visa. If they're only staying for a few hours at a Turkish airport, here is all you need to know about the Turkish Transit Visa. This post will show you how to apply for Turkey transit visa.
Do I Require a Transit Visa To Turkey?
Transit and transfer are two different things. Travellers who have long layovers in Turkey spend their time exploring the area around the airport, and hence require a visa. If you stay within the airport's transit area, you won’t require a visa.
The distance between Istanbul Airport and the city centre is less than an hour. Travellers who have a long layover between flights might spend a couple of hours in Istanbul, which is Turkey's largest metropolis. If they're not from a visa-free country for Turkey, international visitors should apply for a Transit visa in Turkey.
Who Can Apply for a Transit Visa
Most nationalities can apply for a transit visa to Turkey on the internet. Completing the application form for the visa and submitting the request takes only a few minutes. The traveller does not need to register for a transit visa if they are trying to connect to some other flight and would be staying at the airport.
How do I Get a Transit Visa to Turkey?
The process of obtaining a transit visa is easy. Those who fulfil the Turkish electronic visa requirements may also apply for the transit visa from the comfort of their office or home.
Travellers must provide some basic biographical information, including their complete name, birth date, birthplace, and contact information.
All applicants must provide their passport number, as well as the date of its issuance and expiration. It is suggested that passengers double-check their information before handing-in the application since errors could create processing delays.
The fee for a Turkish visa can be paid securely online using a credit or debit card.
Turkey Transit During COVID-19
Most visitors who are not subjected to any entry ban can transit through Turkey even during COVID-19 travel limitations.
Travellers who plan to stay inside the airport during flights are exempt from the coronavirus admission criteria. All travellers leaving the airport and entering Turkey, however, must have:
- A negative PCR test performed no less than 3 days before departure.
- Turkey Entry Form
- The Form for Entering Turkey can be completed and sent along with the online visa application for Turkey. Applicants can also fill out the health form online.
Before departing for Turkey at a time when the country has implemented COVID-19 limitations, all travellers must review the most up-to-date entry criteria before departure.
How Long Can a Transit Visa to Turkey Take?
The electronic visa application process is quick, and successful candidates receive their visa approval within 1 day. It is recommended that you apply for a transit visa to Turkey at least 3 days before the planned trip.
Travellers who require a transit visa urgently can apply for the urgent service and receive the visa in less than an hour if they are deemed eligible.
The applicants will receive an email with the granted transit visa. While travelling, a hard copy should be carried along with the passport used to apply for the visa.
Information Regarding Transit Electronic Visa to Turkey
- Turkish electronic visas are valid for both transiting through Turkish airports and visiting the country. Depending on the holder's nationality, the maximum stay ranges from 30 to 90 days.
- Multiple-entry, as well as Single-entry visas, visas are also given based on citizenship of the country.
- All international airports accept the Turkish electronic visa for transit. Turkey's busiest airport is Istanbul Airport, with a considerable number of transit passengers.
- While passing through immigration, travellers who intend for leaving the airport in between flights should display their authorised visas.
- Travellers who do not qualify for the Turkish electronic visa must apply for the visa to transit at the consulate or embassy.
Questions and Answers about Turkish Transit Visa
The cost of a transit visa to Turkey varies by nationality, from 15USD to 80USD.
You won't be examined again after you arrive in Turkey. However, transit visitors must provide an RT-PCR test report taken no more than 3 days before entering Turkey.
Yes, travellers of all nationalities are allowed to travel freely across Turkey. A strict entrance requirement must be followed if travellers plan to leave the airport and go via Turkey before the connecting flight.