Turkey visa from Bhutan
Bhutanese citizens who wish to travel to Turkey for tourism, business, or transit purposes are required to obtain a Turkish eVisa before their departure. The eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows travelers to enter Turkey for a specified period. This article will provide detailed information on the process of applying for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan, including requirements, application procedures, processing times, fees, and other important aspects.
Do Bhutanese citizens need an eVisa for Turkey?
Yes, Bhutanese citizens are required to obtain a Turkish eVisa before traveling to Turkey. The eVisa serves as an official authorization to enter the country for a temporary period. It is essential to have a valid eVisa to avoid any complications or entry issues upon arrival in Turkey.
Steps involved in applying for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan
To apply for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan, you can follow these steps:
- Online Application: The application process for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan is conducted entirely online. Applicants must visit the website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the dedicated eVisa application portal.
- Fill out the Application Form: Provide accurate personal information, travel details, passport details, and contact information in the online application form. It is crucial to double-check the information for any errors before submitting the form.
- Submit the Application: After completing the form and making the payment, review the application thoroughly and submit it electronically. An application reference number will be provided for future reference.
- Pay the eVisa Fee: The application fee for the Turkish eVisa must be paid online using a valid credit or debit card. The fee amount may vary, so it is important to check the latest fee information at the time of application.
- Check Application Status: Applicants can check the status of their eVisa application online using the provided reference number. The processing time may vary, but generally, it takes a few business days to receive a decision.
Turkey e-Visa Requirements for Bhutanese Citizens
To successfully obtain a Turkish eVisa, Bhutanese citizens need to fulfill the following requirements and the requirements of Turkey e visa are given below:
- Passport Validity: The passport must have a validity of at least six months beyond the intended duration of stay in Turkey.
- Personal Information: Applicants must provide accurate personal details, including full name, date of birth, nationality, and gender, as they appear on the passport.
- Passport Information: A clear scanned copy of the biographical page of the applicant's passport is required.
- Email Address: Applicants are required to provide a valid email address during the application process. The approved e-Visa for Turkey will be sent to this email address. Make sure to provide an email address that you have access to and check regularly.
- Credit or Debit Card: A valid credit or debit card is needed to pay the Turkey e-Visa fee. The fee amount may vary depending on your nationality and the purpose of your visit. Ensure that you have a card that is accepted for online transactions.
Can the application be submitted online or is it necessary to visit a Turkish embassy or consulate?
The application for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan can be submitted entirely online. There is no need to visit a Turkish embassy or consulate in person. The online application process provides convenience and accessibility for Bhutanese citizens to apply for the eVisa from their home or office.
Who is eligible to apply for a Turkish eVisa from Bhutan?
All Bhutanese citizens who plan to travel to Turkey for tourism, business, or transit purposes are eligible to apply for a Turkish eVisa. However, it is important to note that the eVisa is valid for specific purposes and does not permit employment or long-term residency in Turkey.
Processing Time for Turkish eVisa Applications
The processing time for Turkish eVisa applications can vary depending on several factors, including the volume of applications received and the time of year. Generally, there are three processing options available: Normal, Rush, and Super Rush.
- Normal Processing: Normal processing refers to the standard processing time for Turkish eVisa applications. The average processing time for a normal application is usually 1 business day, but it can sometimes take longer during peak travel seasons or if there is a high volume of applications. It is advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow sufficient time for processing.
- Rush Processing: Rush processing is an expedited processing option that is available for an additional fee. With rush processing, the processing time is faster than the normal option. The exact duration can vary, but it is typically within 6 to 12 hours. This option is recommended for those who require their eVisa urgently.
- Super Rush Processing: Super Rush processing is the fastest option available for Turkish eVisa applications. It is designed for situations when travelers need their eVisa within the shortest possible time frame. The processing time for super rush applications is typically within a few hours, or even less. However, please note that this option may come with a higher fee.
Is there an expedited processing option available?
Yes, there is an expedited processing option available for Turkish eVisa applications. This option is called "Rush Processing" or "Super Rush Processing” and is designed for those who require their eVisa to be processed faster than the standard processing time.
With Rush Processing, the processing time for the eVisa application is expedited, and applicants can typically expect to receive a decision within 1 to 12 hours. This option is particularly useful for travelers who have urgent travel plans and need their eVisa quickly.
It's important to note that the expedited processing option may come with an additional fee on top of the regular eVisa application fee.
Fees associated with obtaining a Turkish eVisa
The fees associated with obtaining a Turkish eVisa for Bhutanese citizens may vary. The latest fee information can be found on the Turkish evisa fee page or the dedicated eVisa application portal. The application fee is typically paid online using a valid credit or debit card during the application process.
Can the Turkish eVisa be renewed or extended if needed?
The Turkish eVisa cannot be renewed or extended once it expires. If a traveler wishes to stay in Turkey for a longer period or return after the eVisa has expired, they would need to apply for a new eVisa before their next visit.
What happens if my Turkish eVisa application is rejected?
If a Turkish eVisa application from Bhutan is rejected, the applicant will be notified of the decision. In such cases, it is advisable to review the reasons for the rejection and ensure all the required information and supporting documents are provided accurately in a subsequent application.
Is there an appeal process available for rejected applications?
Currently, there is no formal appeal process available for rejected Turkish eVisa applications. However, applicants can reapply for the eVisa, ensuring that all necessary information and supporting documents are provided accurately.
Will I receive a refund if my application is rejected?
No, the application fee for the Turkish eVisa is non-refundable, even if the application is rejected. The fee is charged for processing the application, regardless of the outcome. It is essential to carefully review all the requirements and provide accurate information to minimize the chances of rejection.
Turkey Tourist Arrivals
In May 2023, the number of foreign visitors to Turkey reached a seven-month high, with a year-on-year increase of 16.2 percent, totaling 4.5 million tourists. This growth followed a significant rise of 29 percent in April. Among the top countries of origin for visitors were Russia, with 641 thousand tourists, followed by Germany (618 thousand), the United Kingdom (453 thousand), Bulgaria (259 thousand), and Iran (171 thousand).
Arrivals by sea experienced a substantial increase of 76 percent, while land and air arrivals also saw positive growth of 2 percent and 17 percent, respectively.
When considering the first five months of the year, Turkey witnessed a remarkable surge in tourist arrivals, with a 24 percent increase, totaling 14 million visitors.